Sunday, September 17, 2006

Polished Hipster


Posted by Picasa
After living in London for nearly a decade, Alice McCall moved to Australia and worked as a successful stylist and designer for the Australian fashion label Sass & Bide. In 2005, she went solo and Alice McCall was born. What I especially admire about her collection is the wearability of it. I also love her use of bold and vibrant colors. I picked these six pieces from her Fall 2006 collection because I love the lipstick red and mustard yellow color palette. I am also, surprisingly enough, loving the totally retro punchy flower prints that were featured in many of her designs. Although they have the potential of looking like the play clothing from the Sound of Music (you know...those patterned curtains!), I think they easily transition from "runway to realway" if paired with her structured black coat with contrast piping or a simple leather jacket.

No comments: