Sunday, September 10, 2006

Velvet Jewel

Posted by Picasa
Nanette Lepore is one of my favorite designers. Every season she comes out with the most amazing collections that have the most fabulous colors and silhouettes. Also, she is from Youngstown, Ohio, just 30 miles from Cleveland where I am from! I always buy a few of her pieces each season but, usually have to wait for a sale! This time, I think I might have to make an exception and splurge. I just about died when I saw this velvet coat-it is the ultimate statement piece I've been searching for. The plush luxurious fabric in this ruby jewel tone is so evening at the opera. But, how cool with a pair of jeans and stiletto boots. The versatility of this piece makes the price point not quite so gaspable! My justification? Living in the Midwest, where it is cold at least six months out of the year, I will be able to get quite a bit of use out of it!!

No comments: