Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Uptowne Luxe

Posted by Picasa
I recently happened upon the designs of Maria Cornejo and I am loving some of the pieces from her Fall 2006 collection. She was born in Chile and now resides in Brooklyn, NY. She lived in Japan in the 80's and apparently achieved a cult like following with her clothing. If her newest collection is a reflection of past collections, I am not surprised! In 1998, she opened the Zero boutique in the Nolita area of NYC and runs her studio out of this retail space. Her pieces are described as "minimalist." I agree, but find them totally chic and sophisticated as well. I picked two of the pieces to showcase here, but easily could have picked more. I love the pairing of wine and ivory tweed in this fabulous coat that is edged in silk velvet. The wool floral dress is so stunning for the Fall and would look office-appropriate paired with the coat or with a cropped black leather jacket for a cool uptown/downtown look. Of course, no look is complete without a great piece of jewelry and this amazing asymetrical sterling silver chain link and red tiger eye necklace by Jester Swink fits the bill at $190.00.

No comments: