Friday, September 01, 2006

Gold Rush


Every year, at least once a season, the fashion magazines talk about the "LBD." Don't get me wrong, I love to wear black. Instantly slimming, easy to match. But, I never really understood the idea of wearing a black dress to a special occasion. Too safe. Too boring. So uninspired. Me? I'd rather wear color so that I stand out in the room. At every wedding, every cocktail party, there are always a million versions of the LBD. You know what I am talking about! Well, I have finally found a LBD that I can live with. Even get excited about. This stunning wool crepe Passementerie gown by Tabitha is black but the gleaming gold hand-embroidery makes it anything but boring. I am already planning my own black-tie affair just so I can wear it. Available right now at Anthropologie for $458.00.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Wow. This is SOME LBD! You're sure to stand out wearing this.