Monday, December 18, 2006

The Nightmare before Christmas



Most people will tell you that I am a very happy person. I smile a lot, look at the bright side of things, and generally enjoy my life. A "glass half full" sort of girl, if you will. So, I simply cannot explain my fascination with the dolls designed by Beth Robinson of Strange Dolls. Defintely not for children or the squeamish, these misshapen and oddly grotesque dolls are hand made using polymer clays, vintage fabrics, acrylic paint, and, get this, real human hair or teeth. Each piece is absolutely one of a kind, and, during the Christmas season, she makes these fascinating Christmas ornaments. Now, I am not sure if I can put them on my tree (I have 2 small children), but oh how I want to! (However, that will probably have to wait a couple years until I am sure they won't have nightmares) Beth has received world wide recognition for her art and her dolls are found in galleries and collections around the world. So, I am happy to say that I am not the only person who enjoys these "beauties"!! Check out more of her amazing work at www.strangedolls.net. I promise you will be hooked like I am!

No comments: