Monday, January 21, 2008

Shiny Happy People


I just got back from two weeks in Mexico and I just have to rave about Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment. I have dry hair to begin with, but add the daily chlorine, salt water, and sun to the mix, and I knew my hair needed some extra TLC. I have always liked Burt's Bees products (99.3% natural!), so I decided to give this hair treatment a try. Boy, am I glad I did. Every morning, I would take a shower and wet (not shampoo) my hair. I have pretty long hair, so I would put about 2 tablespoons of the treatment, a thick green gel-like substance with a nice mild scent, on my hair and comb it through. Without washing it out, I would wrap my hair into a bun and then go to the pool or beach for the day. Before dinner, I would take a shower and wash the treatment out. The result? My hair has never looked so soft and silky...even in the humid Mexico air! Now, I don't have scientific proof that the treatment protected my hair from the chlorine and salt water, but I can tell you that my hair never looked better! This is definitely a product that I will keep in my routine, although it will probably be just once a week now!

1 comment:

Colorsonmymind said...

Absolutely just what I needed to learn about. We just joined a family center with a pool. We live in upstate Ny and the chlorine and cold dry air is killing any life my hair had in it.

I will be running out to buy this on my way to the pool tomorrow.

Thanks