Monday, November 20, 2006

The Orb




I used to play with marbles as a kid. I was always fascinated by the intricate colorful orbs that gave the illusion of multiple layers within the marble itself. I loved the blending of colors and the corkscrew, swirly and banded shapes running through them. So, naturally I was blown away when I came across the Protozoan necklaces of Jennifer Syfu of the Starving Artist Bazaar. Using lampwork glass in various levels of opacity and transparency, she layers the colors together to create intricate and beautiful marble glass orbs that appear to glow from their depth. Each piece is hand crafted by Jennifer and suspended from a simple leather cord, so as not to take away any of the complexity of the one of a kind wearable art pendants. At only $25 each, I can afford to get some to wear, some to play with! See more of her jewelry designs, including her totally unique and fun paintings, at the Starving Artist Bazaar.

No comments: